Saturday, November 15, 2008

Learning to learn

Chinese class has been more challenging than I expected it to be. But I am pressing on! 加油!


I have been immersing myself in the Chinese culture and language to better understand where I came from and the different traditions, values, culture, etc. that come with learning a new language. Currently, I feel very determined to learn Chinese and be fluent enough to go and study abroad, and explore the country from where my grandparents were originally from.


I know that there is much more for me to learn; and I also know that it will be a long  and challenging road ahead. I derive my energy from the confidence I've been building in my daily life as a student, friend, sister, daughter, role model. I will not let down the people I care about most, and the ones that continually support me.


I'm excited about this new stage in my life and look forward to what lies ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment