Friday, June 6, 2008

Searching for Creativity

I haven't been as creative as I'd like. I came across this portfolio today, and the artist documents a piece of work he does everyday. I really want to be able to do this one day: have a constant flow of creative juices.


I don't know why trying to create something is so difficult for me right now. I lack motivation, determination and inspiration. Although I've been browsing design sites, photography, architecture, fine arts, etc., I can't seem to push myself to get started on any personal projects. I've been making excuses as to why this is so, but none of them can actually pass as a logical reason (i.e. I don't have my Wacom tablet at home, so I don't feel like designing...). But I have been patiently (patience is almost running out) for my company to provide me with a tablet at work so I can take mine home... supposedly only a matter of days... (it's been weeks). Work has also been tiring, I'd rather relax once I arrive home. But being a creative, I should live it. I want to start fresh. No baby steps in this matter. I have to leap. Jump. Fly.


So I've decided to start participating in Woot's t-shirt design derbies again. Hopefully this will jump start my creative energies and I can translate them into a personal project that will be truly amazing... or not.


But I am starting to find a little bit of motivation by thinking of how new pieces will look in my portfolio, and that hopefully they will land me my future dream career.


I gotta just DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment