Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Product Design: Statement of Interest

I have a degree in Graphic Design, and I am very passionate about art. Design has always been a large part of my life, and product design has been a growing passion for me as well. Other interests of mine include architecture, interior design, as well as photography. I would very much like to apply my design skills to the three dimensional world and create products that not only are aesthetically pleasing, but also products that are beneficial to the people who use them.


I believe that product design can impact the world in a positive way. Just by observing and living every day life, we encounter many different design flaws that can be addressed in a more efficient, as well as environmentally friendly way.


My goals for the future will be to create complete identities for small companies, from their branding to interiors. I would like to eventually create the products that these small companies also use. For companies to achieve an overall branding/look & feel, it is important that everything looks as if it belongs with the identity. Good design is a skill that comes with extensive research and experience. With my skill set, applying the look & feel of a brand on to a physical product will complete the branding process and design.



I want to start creating these designs that provide inspiration for other products, as well as inspire people to look at design in a new way. Product design isn't only about what a product looks like and what it does, but it is also a social statement of what appeals to the public, the evolution of a popular product, as well as the many new and innovative design processes that come from advancing technologies. In the product design world, almost anything is possible, and being able to be as creative as your imagination lets you is any designer's dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment