Monday, August 30, 2010

Fossil Maddox Boots

It was love at first sight - Fossil Maddox Boots! When I saw these, I knew I wanted them right away!

And surprisingly, they fit perfect!

Fossil Maddox Boots

The shaft on these boots is a bit wider than most I've owned, and this is GREAT! My calves are pretty big because I workout so often, so these fit perfect! There's still a bit of room, so I can wear a pair of skinny jeans with them. I'm normally a size 6, and these are true to size. (Although I didn't try on a size 5.5, they may fit better... but I'm happy with the fit of the 6 -- preparing for thicker socks too!)

The leather is so soft, and looks great! I always wear black, and I'm so happy to add this to my wardrobe! I can't wait for fall and winter so that I can wear these babies out! These also come in brown, but after doing some research, it's sold out everywhere!



There is accent stitching, and buckle details. They're SO COMFORTABLE! A 2" wedge is perfect if I need to wear them all day -- great arch support.

One complaint is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of traction, but that's easily fixed with some stick-ons. Winters in Oregon can be very nasty and unpredictable!

Overall, a great find! These will be my "dress-up" boots, since my Keen boots are a bit more casual. I'll try and remember to post a picture once I wear them up and pair them with an outfit!

What do you guys think? Have you already been thinking about fall items (i.e. boots, coats, etc.)? What are some MUST HAVE items on your list?

5 comments:

  1. Thos are great boots! I'm looking for a pair that "have a heel but don't" - way easier to walk in :P

    Thank you for your comment on my blog - I hope you have luck with jeans at the Gap too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finding the boots you want...right before Fall, too! I'm still on the hunt for mid-calf or right below the knee boots with slim calves.

    I have a brown pair from Aldo that look just like those without the buckle...you're right, wedges are super comfy while providing arch support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment! I picked these up in a 5.5 and they were a bit snug in the toe area, so I'm really happy with the size 6.

    So before I return them, if anyone wants them, let me know! I'll keep them for a few more days just in case. Looking at $75 + shipping (retails for $168). Such a steal! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great boots...I love the wedge heel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you'll get a lot of wear out of them this fall!

    ReplyDelete