Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ink!

I've always been fascinated with tattoos, the history of tattoos, and the meaning behind them. My senior thesis in college was about tattoos (read it here).

I had a fun time creating these temporary tattoos. They were free-handed onto my friends. This is one of my favorites that I drew on my friend Helen:


If I were to get a tattoo, it would be of a koi. Ideally, it would be a back piece. These are a few that I drew on myself.

The koi is a Japanese symbol that represents good fortune and luck.
There is another word to describe "love" which is "koi".

I went out today and had a friend airbrush a tattoo on my foot. It's not something I'd get permanently, but I thought it was something fun.

Wedges: BKE Sole - 6

Have any of you considered getting a tattoo? What would it be of, and where would you get it?

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented, these look great!

    To be honest I have never wanted a tattoo, I am by nature extremely fickle and I just know I will regret something about a month down the line. But if I ever decide to get one I would get something tattooed in the small of my back and have it be something small, like a pair of wings or a butterfly. I am so cliched.

    ReplyDelete