Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer Trimmings

I've gone through a few different haircuts the last couple of years.
I had medium length hair, a little bit past my shoulders.




Two summers ago, I built up the courage to chop off all my hair! I decided to be a bit edgy and went for the A-line cut, and donated my hair to Locks of Love. I also put in some red highlights. It was an interesting summer for me because I also received 5 extra ear piercings (on top of the two I got when I was a baby)! I took 3 of them out and only have 4 now (still a lot for being brought up very conservative!)


I had a lot of fun styling my hair as it was growing back, but I did go through an "awkward" stage. All you girls that ever had this cut would know! I really felt different having this haircut, and even treated differently. Outer appearance can communicate so much, its amazing!



Finally, my hair has grown back - but I've been thinking of getting it short again!
I love black! :)
I've had the side bangs for a while now, and really needed a trim. So here's what it looks like now :) I've also changed my looks to look my age. I need to be career ready!

Had my hair straightened at the salon too! I love how soft it feels! :)
I know they're completely different looks, but I think I look much more professional with the long hair. My profession isn't too picky about what I look like, as long as I perform well as a graphic designer. The long hair is great, and isn't high maintenance like shorter hair. (The highlights all grew out too, so back to natural black!)

What do you guys think of the short hair vs longer hair? What are some of your favorite styles, and have you ever tried anything crazy with drastically different hair styles?

2 comments:

  1. I like you with longer hair, actually. For some reason you are way too cute to not have longer hair, I think I am biased though because I generally prefer long hair (Says the girl who throws a fit every time she is pressured to cut her hair).

    I have not tried any crazy different styles, the most variety I have tried on my hair is bang or no bang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thanks so much for the comment! I'll try to grow it out more and see how I like it. For me, hair always grows back, so its just temporary if I have to get it cut short :)

    I really like the bang look on you - it frames your face very well!

    ReplyDelete